Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Writing T3 wk 5

 For writing this week we were writing a persuasive argument about how schools should ban junk food. I am against this. Below is my persuasive piece of writing.

Should Schools Ban Junk Food?

Would you want your kids to be unhappy? I didn’t think so, which is why I am against schools banning junk food. Kids like junk food because it so sweet and tasty. It could be a treat if a child does something good.



Some people are probably saying “but it’s got lots of sugar why would you let children have junk food?” Well I will tell you that it may have a lot of sugar, but it is okay to have some junk food sometimes.


People could be asking now “how can I control how much sugar my child is eating?” Well you could get your child to choose one type of junk food every now and again then they will be happy. 


So we have talked about why Junk food could be seen as bad but there are ways to solve this problem. If you can manage how much junk food your child is eating and it being a treat now and again then there no reason to ban junk food! 




Question: Are you for or against this?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eli,
    Wow…….that’s a very convincing piece of writing!! It would save lots of household arguments by not saying no to junk food I’m sure! Therefore lots of happy children alright!
    Maybe you could have rules at school around the amount of junk food per day in your lunchbox to make it manageable like you suggested?
    What treat food would you have in yours? I’d have a packet of chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli,

    You have some very valid points in your writing.I really like the rhetorical questions that you have used. I would love to see you put this into clear paragraphs so that I can see the three seperate ideas clearly.

    Keep up the great work!

    Thanks Mrs Bryce

    What is your favourite treat food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite treat food is skittles I have changed it so its now in clear paragraphs.
      Eli

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post