Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Writing T3 wk 6

 For our writing this week we kind of had to do the same thing as last week but it is a different topic. So we had to make another persuasive piece of writing this time it is about if all schooling should be online. I am against this

Do you want to have online classes everyday? Do you want to not be able to see your friends in person on school days? I didn’t think so and that’s why we shouldn’t have school online.


We shouldn’t have schooling online because we will be on a screen the whole day and it would really hurt your eyes. It’s not very good when that happens because then you might have to get glasses.


Another reason is because the teachers can’t see what you're doing, meaning you could be on something completely different and they would never know. Also you could just not do the work and then not attend the meet.


One more reason is that you can’t see your friends in person, so then it would mess up your social skills. Without friends, you might feel a bit lonely because it’s always nice to have a friend by your side.


In summary the reasons why schooling should not be online is that it will hurt your eyes, you might be tempted not to do the work, and you could possibly feel lonely. For those reasons, that's why I think schooling shouldn’t be online.



Question: are you for or against this?

 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Eli
    You raise some really good points here that I agree with. I do think that it would be very difficult for children to form proper friendship if all learning happened at home. I am enjoying my time at home but I am definitely ready to get back to school and interact with more people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli,

    Your three reasons are very convincing. I think that schooling should be at school as well. You have used good structure with your writing.

    What do you think about online schooling when we are in lockdown?

    Mrs Bryce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is still annoying about that we have to stay inside but there are some pros about like it gives me more time to relax read a book by myself.

      Delete
  3. Hi Eli,
    I totally agree with your reasons for not having school online only. Interaction with people face to face (not on a screen) is very important for our well being, along with not staring at a screen all day. It’s certainly easier for the teachers to make sure the students are on track with their work when they are at school too.
    Hopefully we will see everyone at St Francis face to face very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this it was pretty cool you have a pretty good vocabulary and I liked how you split it into 6 paragraphs so nice blog Eli :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post