Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

My Town Trip Recount

On the 20th of May we went to town and the Margaret Mahy park. The reason is because we need learn about the story of Christchurch. We went on a Waka, talked about the  Margaret Mahy park, we went to Victoria Square, we fed the Tuna and we looked around Margaret Mahy and found 3 out of 13 maori mats.


My favourite part of the trip was when we went on the waka because we were saying HI! HA! And kept on repeating. We were also singing E minaka ana on the way there too. After the waka ride my arms were really tired.


Something I learnt was when Victoria square was called market square they used wakas to transport to market square. On the way they would get eels and trade them at the market. Another thing I learnt was that the tiles on the ground at the playground created a song. I also found out that you had to shout out hi and ha really loud so everyone can hear and know what to do.


The thing I found the most interesting was that eels favourite food is Cat food that was very surprising when I heard that eels eat cat food. I knew that eels eat cat food when the teacher pulled out cat food from her bag. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because now that I have learnt tons of things about Christchurch and Margaret Mahy. It will help me to write a lot more facts and information. Now that I lots more Information to write and create a lot more work and finish it faster so we can do the funner stuff.






 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you explained all of the things you did really well, I can relate to your favourite part of the town trip being the wakas. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post